QUARTERLY MEMBERS ONLY EVENT
We are very excited to bring you our second members-only event: "Competition Image Review" on Tuesday, May 23, 2023 from 4-7pm.
Are you new to photographic competition and not sure where to begin? Are you daunted by the prospect of having your images judged? Do you already have years of experience in competition, but need guidance on which images to choose and what work they might need in order to be worthy of competition? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions or have others, this event is just what you need!
This is an opportunity to receive feedback and constructive criticism from fellow professionals who are experienced in the competition process, whether at local, national, or international competitions. Not only will we review images, but many topics related to competition are sure to be discussed from retouching to borders to titles. Whether you’re new to competition or a seasoned professional, you will learn something at this event!
If you’re submitting images for review, they do not have to be “competition-ready” and can be in any state of post-capture. This event is designed to help you either decide which images are your strongest, and/or what work may need to be done to them to get them ready for competition.
Please register at the link found at the bottom of this email no later than May 21. This event is FREE to members - but we need a headcount so you must register.
If you want to submit images for review and feedback, please follow these instructions:
1. Deadline: upload your images no later than May 21. Images received after this date might not be included for review.
2. You may submit up to four images.
3. Images can be in any state of post-capture, from straight-out-of-camera to a finished image with a border and title.
4. Format your images just as you would for a PPANI competition: All files must be sized so the longest dimension is 4000 pixels. Each file must contain an embedded color profile of either sRGB or Adobe RGB1998 and be saved at a JPEG quality setting of 10.
5. Please name your files in the following format: LastName_FirstName_SequentialNumber; i.e. Smith_John_1
6. Upload your images to the following link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mYm1PAoT0q9Lfll5i-Hs-DkFiiQqDcpo?usp=sharing
7. This event is “in-person” only. No Zooming!
Our very own Maureen Miller has graciously allowed the use of her beautiful studio in Hoffman Estates for this members-only event!
2200 Stonington Ave., Suite 100
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
(Public parking available)
We will order pizza and refershments! We look forward to seeing everyone!